Saturday, January 9, 2010

And Still We Rise Assignment # 2


Period 4 Assignment #2: After reading this book review, what do you think your experience reading this book is going to be like? Do you tend to look at book reviews before you purchase a book? Do you use book reviews to influence your book purchases? Are you more apt to listen to a friend who recommends a book to you? Your response should be at least 250 words



I think that this book is going to make me go on an emotional rollercoaster. I really feel for these teenagers and all that they have to go through. I have gone through some traumatic experiences in my life but nothing compared to what these individuals face every day. They are like heroes to me, people that I can look up too because no matter what they experience there focus remains on school! I wish that I had the same outlook growing up, like a lot of people I let my problems take over my life and lost a lot of focus on these things. I have read very few books that I did not want to stop reading, and this is by far one of the best, and one that I can really relate my life to especially now because I am in AP literature. As far as reading a book review in order to inspire my reading of the book, well let’s just say that has never happened. I think that this is the first time that I have ever read a book review before and/or during my reading of a book. I thought they were more for an aftermath of the book kind of deal. I think that it is helpful though because it helps you gain an insight as to what the author wants the reader to gain and understand as a whole, during and after the reading of the book.
It is much easier to read a book on your own or one that someone has recommended than being forced to read one.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you can relate to their lives. I wish that I had some of that compassion. I find it more enjoyable when you can relate to a book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete